Who we are
Stories and News
Find a Church
Links and Partners
Policies & Documents
Basis of Faith
Our Core Convictions
Our growing understanding of how relationships work in our network is formed around six Core Convictions.
1. Jesus…at the heart
2. Mission…as the priority
3. Church…as purposeful community
4. Relationships…as being crucial
5. Discipleship…as core activity
6. Organic structures…as most helpful
West of England Baptist Association
We are a member of the Baptist Union of Great Britain www.baptist.org.uk
Our Charity Registration Number is 1092443
We are registered as a Company Limited by Guarantee, Registered in England And Wales No. 4326752
Little Stoke Baptist Church,
Bristol, BS34 6JW.
The Baptist Declaration of Principle
The Basis of the Baptist Union is:
- That our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, is the sole and absolute authority in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, and that each Church has liberty, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to interpret and administer His laws.
- That Christian Baptism is the immersion in water into the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, of those who have professed repentance towards God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ who ‘died for our sins according to the Scriptures; was buried, and rose again the third day’.
- That it is the duty of every disciple to bear personal witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to take part in the evangelisation of the world.